1. Yes, everyone, today is the day for which you’ve been waiting. WAIT NO MORE. I blog. (With my free WordPress account and free balloon template.) Get excited.
2. To give you an idea of what this blog will be like, I present: my first post. I’m so original I made my first post a Quick Takes post (thanks, Jen!) because having a template makes me feel safe. We’re going to be taking a lot of risks around here so buckle up.
3. I want to assure all two of my readers (hi mom!) that I will not use this blog solely to post tonsandtons of pictures of the cutest baby ever to exist. (Because, oh, did you not know? I have that baby.) But don’t begrudge me the occasional. Because:
4. I realize the futility of starting a blog mere months before Google Reader meets its demise. Who will follow this blog without Google Reader? I’m starting to think I’m going to have to stop reading blogs once Reader bites the dust. Maybe this is my subconscious way of not putting pressure on myself. If the blog is a dud, I’ll just give up when Reader ends and stop doing the internet altogether.
5. The poem that inspired the title:
Much Madness is divinest Sense –
To a discerning Eye –
Much Sense – the starkest Madness –
’Tis the Majority
In this, as all, prevail –
Assent – and you are sane –
Demur – you’re straightway dangerous –
And handled with a Chain –
Hat tip: Emily Dickinson
6. New topic: March Madness bracket. I filled one out. It was the husband’s suggestion, but I’m suspicious. I think he’s doing an experiment to see if filling out a bracket based simply on the coolness of each school’s mascot and notable alumni works better than the approach based on basketball skills. I was going to be all risk-taking and pick a bunch of upsets, but I had a hard time picking a lower-ranked team over a higher-ranked one. Then I picked Indiana to go all the way because of Hoosiers.
7. Here comes Holy Week! Lent sort of vaguely passed me by as I was in the throes of new-baby-care, but if there’s one thing I always take away from Lent, it’s that it’s not over til it’s over. So bring it! Let’s do this.